Here are the steps I when through to install Oracle 12.1c on Windows 7 64 bit.
- Unzip the two 12c downloads files into the same directory. I called this directory database
- Go down a couple of levels in the database directory until you come to the directory that contains setup.exe. Double click on this to start the installer.
- Step 1 – Configure Security Updates: Un-tick the tick-box and click the Next button. A warning message will appear. You can click on the Yes button to proceed.
- Step 2 – Software Update : select the Skip Software Updates option and then click the Next button.
- Step 3 – Installation Option : select the Create and Configure a Database option and then click the Next button.
- Step 4 – System Class: Select the Server Class option and then click the Next button
- Step 5 – Grid Installation Options : Select the Single Instance Database Installation option and then click the next button.
- Step 6 – Install Types : Select the Typical install option and then click the Next button.
- Step 7 – Installation Location : Select the Use Windows Built-in Account option and then click the Next button. An warning message appears. Click the Yes button.
- Step 8 – Typical Installation. Set Global Database Name to cdb12c for the container database name. Set the Administrative password for the container database. Set the name of the pluggable database that will be created. Set this to pdb12c. Or you can accept the default names. Then click the Next button. If you get a warning message saying the password does not conform to the recommended standards, you can click the Yes button to ignore this warning and proceed.
- Step 9 – Prerequisite Checks : the install will check to see that you have enough space and necessary permissions etc.
- Step 10 – Summary – You should now be ready to start the install. Click the Install button.
You can now sit back, relax and watch the installation of 12.1c complete.
You may get some Windows Security Alert windows pop up. Just click on the Allow Access button.
Then the Database Configuration Assistant will start. This step might take a while to complete.
When everything is done you will get something like the following
Now you are almost ready to start using your Pluggable 12c database on windows. The final two steps that you need to do is to add an entry to your tnsnames.ora file. You can manually do this if you know what you are doing or you can select Net Configuration Assistant under the Oracle –Ora12cDB Home 1 section of the windows menu. The second thing you need to do is to create a new user/schema.