The headline articles of Oracle Magazine for March/April 2001 were on using Oracle 9i Application server to deliver e-business and web based applications. There was some case studies of companies using this technologies including Tantalus Communications, Digital River Commerce System, Tomatoland.com and Oracle themselves.
Other articles included:
- Tom Kyte’s column looked at tips on automation, cleanup and database maintenance. Some of the details included index rebuilds, indexing interMedia files, killing and cleaning up sessions, how to specify the column at runtime in an order by, and how to use DBMS_JOB for database maintenance.
- Oracle announces the release of PORTAL.ORACLE.COM and MY.ORACLE.COM.
- Fre Sansmark has an article on Database Benchmarking and discusses what it means and how well they address real-world performance questions.
- Understanding XML Standards gives a brief introduction to what XML is about, explains the three layers of XML Grammar, XML based Protocols and XML Vocabularies. .
- Part 3 of ‘Exploring Oracle Text Basics’ looks at text searching and comparisons, creating, indexing and loading data.
- Creating Updatable Views explores the various requirements for creating an View that can be used to update data that is based on a single table or based on the joining of multiple tables..
- Linking to Remote Databases explores the basics of Database Links and that the DBA needs to know to setup and manages these..
- Steven Feuerstein’s article looks at Advanced Native Dynamic SQL and the use of bind variables and their limitations.
To view the cover page and the table of contents click on the image at the top of this post or click here.
My Oracle Magazine Collection can be found here. You will find links to my blog posts on previous editions and a PDF for the very first Oracle Magazine from June 1987.